Contrary to popular belief, there is no simple “normal body temperature”. A healthy person’s body temperature will vary during the day depending on their metabolism.
Body temperature is an important indication of the general condition of our organism: when we are sick our body increases its temperature to fight against specific health condition. It is always preferable to monitor every temperature fluctuation, should it be due to harmless reasons – i.e. ovulation, hormonal or emotional changes – or to some medical condition. Especially, high temperatures should never be neglected, as it alerts that our body is probably evincing some diseases. Detecting fever may reveal illness at an early stage and also its entire evolution can be monitored, which is often very important.
Your temperature, quickly monitored
Fast Flexible-Tip Digital Thermometer
Infrared Forehead Thermometer
Body temperature is the immediate indicator of your health’s condition.
Each home has to have a reliable and precise thermometer.
- Normal body temperature range is from 36.4 °C to 37.5 °C
- To determine your own normal bodily temperature, you need to perform a series of measurements when you are completely healthy.
There are two kinds of thermometers:
Some deficencies with mercury thermometers:
- Conventional (mercury)
- Modern (digital)
- Preparation necessary.
- We are never sure for how long we should keep the thermometer where we take the temperature.
- Problems occur during measurements, especially with babies, small children and invalids.
- Reading the measured value is not very simple (especially for those with impaired vision).
- There can be long-term problems if the thermometers breaks and the mercury escapes (mercury is among the most poisonous elements and can seriously damage one’s health).